Thursday, October 8, 2009

My perfect Sunday

It finally happened! I never thought it would, but it did and I will remember this day as the best day ever. It was a few Sunday's ago but i remember it like it was yesterday...

I woke up at 7:30am on my own with no alarm clock to a picture perfect...


...refreshed from a good night sleep. This was the first good night sleep I have had since my kids were born. I had completely forgotten how good this much uninterrupted sleep could make me feel.

I then went down to the kitchen of my perfectly clean, perfectly quite house to put on a pot of coffee and grabbed the paper.


I proceeded to go back upstairs with the newspaper and read it from cover to cover while snuggled up in this...

I then got to take a very hot steamy uninterrupted shower (sorry no pictures for this part of the day). That's right...no kids barging in, no toilets being flushed, no "mmmmoooooooommmmmmm" being yelled at me from a distance. Just me and the warm beads of water hitting my face ever so gently...ahhh...I could get used to this!

I left the house and met my friends for breakfast at our favorite hole in the wall where we chatted quietly and caught up on our lives.

I bought a new pair of these

I also bought this

And took it here

to read, write and journal without hearing my kids complain that I never buy them anything or how bored they are. I then went to watch this...

...all by myself! There is nothing better, in my mind, than going to a movie on a Sunday afternoon all by myself. There is no sharing the popcorn and soda, no "mom, when is the movie going to start" during the previews, or having to leave at the good part because my six year old has to go to the bathroom.

Once the movie was over, I went here...

...to do some more writing, and of course scope out cute boys. I purchased this...

...Can I just say "yum, yum, yummy!" I know, he makes me want to lick the screen too! I immediately went home to my nice, comfy...

To read/dream about my future with one Mr. Ryan Reynolds while slowly drifting off into a quiet slumber.

Ahh...now that is heaven! I so enjoyed this day! I tried my best to soak it all in as it was happening because I know it will be another 38 years before it happens again. Sunday's are usually hard days for me because my kids are with their dad and my friends are spending time with their families...but this was definitely one day that I took it all in and enjoyed the entire 24 hours for no one else but me...and this makes me very...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Blogs by Mandy