Friday, October 9, 2009

Farts, screws and pj's

Yesterday was a rough day for me at work…so very hectic! October starts the busiest time of year for me. I am officially swamped! I am also trying to wrap my brain around the fact that there are less than 11 weeks until Christmas. I was really looking forward to going home and spending some quality time with the two boys that never seem to have a hard time putting a smile on my face. And let me tell you this night was no exception. Below are three separate conversations that I had with them that made me crack up.

Conversation #1: This conversation is one that I had with my six year old while out running errands

Gibson: “Mom, I just let out a gas fart.”
Me: (trying not to laugh hysterically) “What is a gas fart?”
Gibson: “You know mom…it’s when you think you have to fart and more than a fart comes out.”

Conversation #2: This is a conversation that I had with my eight year old while I was helping him study for his 3rd grade Science test

Me: “Hamilton, can you give me an example of a simple machine?”
Hamilton: “A screw.”
Me: “What is a screw?”
Hamilton: “Well it’s kind of hard to explain, but it’s something that happens to us everyday (I can’t help but laugh at this “adult” explanation)…no wait..I mean it is something that we use every day.”

Conversation #3: This last conversation is one that I had with Gibson while we were picking out his clothes to wear to school in the morning.

Me: “No, you cannot wear your pajamas to school tomorrow.”
Gibson: “But mom.”
Me: “No, you cannot wear your pajamas to school tomorrow.”
Gibson: “But mom, all of the kids do it.”
Me: “If all of the kids jumped off a bridge, would you?”
Gibson: “Yes”
Me: “Fine, wear your pajamas to school tomorrow.”

Seriously people…I can’t make this stuff up…this is my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Blogs by Mandy