Monday, December 28, 2009

I wouldn't be more surprised if I woke up one morning with my head sewn to the carpet

2009 Year in Review

It’s meme time! It’s meme time! Yeah! You all know how much I love to talk about myself ( this does not make me proud) and this little review allows me the opportunity to do just that. Yippee Skippy! This year I have decided to jump on the bandwagon and fill out my 2009 Year in Review. So here goes…

1.What did you do in 2009 that you have never done before? Completed my first mini marathon, started Boot Camp, had a major make out date with a beautiful boy from High School, went out on my first (and hopefully last) date as a “cougar”, and celebrated the New Year in style, at a black tie affair, with my girlfriends.

2.Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions and will you make more in 2010? Just like in year’s past, I was not even close to keeping a majority of my New Year Resolutions. In fact, the only resolution I was able to keep was running my first mini marathon. While I am very proud of that particular accomplishment, the disappointment I am feeling at the laziness in completing the other 12 resolutions far outweighs the excitement of that one particular accomplishment. But, does this laziness stop me from making new resolutions for 2010? Hell no! I’m currently working on my list and frantically wondering how I am going to keep them this year.

3.Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope

4.Did anyone close to you die? Unfortunately, yes. My ex-husbands brother passed away two days before Christmas this year. It’s still very fresh and hurts very much.

5.What countries did you visit? I traveled quite extensively this year…oh who am I kidding? I went no where…who can afford to travel in this economy?

6.What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? A tummy tuck and a super awesome boyfriend.

7.What dates from 2009 will remain etched in your mind and why? 1.) Sunday, October 11… but no one and I mean no one (ok…maybe one other person knows this date) will ever know why this date was so important to me. 2.) Sunday, August 16th or better known as “the date from hell” because not all girls like foot massages…this needs no more explanation.

8.What was your biggest achievement of the year? I think probably starting this blog, which I not only consider cheap therapy, but it has also been a fantastic means of helping me organize my thoughts and ideas for my first book….baby steps, right?

9.What was your biggest failure of the year? Not completing 90% of my New Year Resolutions

10.Did you suffer any injury or illness?
I suffered a broken toe, a case of the Februaries, sever insomnia, a couple of colds, and several Sunday morning hangovers.

11.What was the best thing you bought? A plane ticket to Arizona, a new camera and a new car.

12.Whose behavior merited celebration? Hmm…how about Captain Sullenberger, the pilot who landed the plane in the Hudson and of course being a Hoosier puts Peyton Manning at the top of the list.

13.Whose behavior appalled and depressed you? As always Ann Coulter is at the top of this list and as of late so does Sara Palin.

14.Where did most of your money go? It would be so cool if I could say something like, “it all went to build fresh water wells in Africa.” But I can’t say that…ALL of my money was used to put a roof over our heads and food on our table.

15.What did you get really really really excited about? I have two words for you…Indianapolis Colts!

16.What song will remind you of 2009? Michael Buble’s, Haven’t Met You Yet

17.Compared to this time last year are you: happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter? Richer or poorer? Sadder, fatter, and poorer…wow! When I write it down it actually seems a lot more depressing than it really is.

18.What do you wish you had done more of? All of the things that I have yet to accomplish on my Forty by Forty list

19.What do you wish you had done less of? Party! Hence the reason for my 2010 motto: 2010, where the new going out is staying in!

20.How did you spend Christmas? This was by far the loneliest Christmas ever! I spent it alone! My kids were with their dad from Wednesday to Sunday…he had a lot going on in his life and I felt it was more important for the boys to spend as much time with him through the holidays than it was for them to spend with me.

21.Did you fall in love in 2009? Does Ryan Reynolds count?

22.What was your favorite television show of the year? Anything reality based that involves snobby, rich, housewives, the Daily Show and of course, Glee!

23.Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate at this time last year? Hate is a very strong word…so I would say that I definitely don’t “hate” anyone, but I am a few friends shorter now than I was this time last year. I have spent several weeks purging those that were toxic to me…and let me tell you…it feels good!

24.What was the last book you read? I don’t read a lot of books because I have the attention span of a five year old. Seriously though, any free time I have I usually spend it writing. But I did manage to finish a couple of books this year. The last one being, Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell…IT SUCKED! I would not recommend it to anyone…more on this in a future blog post. video

25.What was your greatest musical discovery? This, of course.This is a brief video of my youngest playing the “guitar shirt” he got for Christmas. It cracks me up every time I see it.

26. What did you want and get this year? A camera, I love my Nikon Coolpix 90! Now if I could just figure out how to use it.

27. What did you want and not get? Ryan Reynolds, a boyfriend, and a tummy tuck

28. What was your favorite film of the year? I loved the Hangover! I wouldn’t necessarily consider it a “film” because, to me, films are portrayals of something a little deeper than four guys at a Bachelor Party in Vegas…so let’s ask the question again only tweak it a little? What was your favorite movie of 2009? Ah, much better! My favorite movie of 2009 was definitely the Hangover!

29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? 38 and I don’t remember what I did. I’m sure I…oh, wait, I do remember…I went to hear some live music with my friends. That was the night that I got a racy text, unexpectedly, from someone who will forever remain nameless…oh…the memory is a great one!

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? George Clooney on a weekly television show.

31. How would you explain your personal fashion concept in 2009? My new favorite, MEK jeans…So I guess you could say my personal fashion concept was no more cheap jeans…if they weren’t more than $150 I didn’t buy them…I’m not proud, but my ass sure does look good!

32. What kept you sane? My kids, John Stewart and my constant fantasizing about Ryan Reynolds.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Again, Ryan Reynolds…You getting tired of hearing his name yet? I’m not…sorry suckers!

34. What political issue stirred you the most? It’s hard to pick just one, but I can think of two off the top of my head, first…Obama, in general! He scares the crap out of me…and second, health care reform, don’t get me started!

35. Who did you miss? My mom, my ex, my friend Julie

36. Who was the best new person you met? Ryan Reynolds of course! I mean, I didn’t really “meet” him but I did spend countless hours stalking him on the Internet…this counts, right? I know it’s creepy, but I think it counts!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009? Friendships that you think will last forever usually don’t.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Tuesday via SITS! I like the list..made me think about things. Have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming in from SITS. Love the list! Adding you to my must read list! (Oh, and Ryan Reynolds is the empitome of hottness...just sayin)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Blogs by Mandy