Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Come on people, don't make me beg for it


I don’t ever ask for much! Some days, all I ask for is five more minutes to sleep in before heading off to a long day at work. But usually, that’s it. As a grown up, I know that I have to make the most of what I have and know that if I want something, I have to go get it. Long gone are the days when someone was looking out for me or doing nice things for me just because they knew it would make me happy. Over the years, I have realized that only I can make myself happy and I’m just setting others up for failure when I expect someone else to make me happy or do something nice for me. I get it! I know this, but for once, just once, I want the fairy tale. And by fairy tale I mean, I want it all!

I want the knight in shining armor. I want him to come in and sweep me off of my feet, place me side saddle next to him on his horse and ride off with me into the sunset. Is that to much to ask for? I want Mr. Shoe (Glee) to come running down the empty halls of the school just to get a kiss from me before I leave. I want Richard Gere, ala Pretty Woman, to climb up a fire escape holding a dozen roses in his teeth, just to tell me that I am the one he wants. I want Ryan Reynolds to come spend a weekend with me and my family and at the end of that weekend I want him to realize that it is me that he wants to marry. Is this really to much to ask for?

Or how about Hitch? Why can’t I find my Hitch? You know the guy that is dying to go out with me and no matter how difficult it becomes to date me he doesn’t give up, instead he just gets more creative. Why can’t a guy like this like me? Or what about Carrie’s, Mr. Big? Why can’t someone like him happen to me? Ok, not the “I’m dumping you on our wedding day” guy, but the guy who realized after being apart from Carrie that she was the best thing that ever happened to him. That’s the guy I want! Is it to much to ask for one guy that loves me so much so that when we die we die together because we can’t bear the thought of being on this earth for one moment without each other, ala Nicholas Sparks’, The Notebook.

That’s it…that’s all I want…now how do I get it? Any suggestions? I’m tired of being patient!

2 comments:

  1. There's millions of people in the world. People criticize me for going through girls like shit through a goose but if I'm going to find my *one and only* and I keep finding the wrong person, why would I waste my time? Time that could be spent finding *her*. Bitch all you want, but I'll be damned if I waste time on the wrong person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop watching movies honey bunch!

    And I say stop looking for it.

    It will come when you least expect it.

    It WILL come :0)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Blogs by Mandy