Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil
Have I ever told you about my unhealthy addiction to reality TV? I won’t bore you with the details, but let’s just say that my addiction is so bad that I could watch the same episode of Real Housewives of Orange County over and over again and never get bored. I know it’s crazy, but it is what it is.
My new reality favorite is VH1’s Tough Love. This show highlights a multitude of women on a train wreck to relationship hell. This guy, the host, whose name I can’t remember, is apparently some kind of a relationship guru. His goal is to try to get these crazy ass girls on the road to having healthy relationships, a challenge that is to overwhelming to even think about if you have seen any of the women on this show.
One of the challenges the guru gave one of the girls on a recent episode was to make a list of fifty things that she liked about herself. This challenge sent my “challenge radar” into spinning fits. So I decided to take it on myself and see if I could think of fifty things that I liked about myself. Can I just say this was one of the hardest things I have EVER done…and it took me almost a week to compile the list. So here they are, in no particular order!
1. I tend to see the good in everyone.
2. I have a big heart.
3. I love my sarcastic sense of humor.
4. I’m a lover, not a fighter.
5. I try to wake up every morning with a positive attitude and a fresh start.
6. I like my hair, even though I just got six inches cut off.
7. I like that I can solely provide for my family.
8. I like how I feel after I exercise.
9. I like my hands.
10. I like the person that I am becoming.
11. I am a responsible person.
12. I am a good friend.
13. I’m resilient.
14. I’m creative.
15. I have the courage to do things even when they scare me.
16. I am supportive of others and am able to help people feel good about
17. I’m a good mother.
18. I can express myself well through writing.
19. It is utterly impossible for me to be fake.
20. I am passionate.
21. I am learning to love my body.
22. I am a hard worker.
23. I can admit my faults.
24. I love easily.
25. I am forgiving.
26. I have a good sense of style.
27. I am compassionate.
28. I can agree to disagree…right Kate?
29. I am a positive person.
30. I am not a quitter.
31. I like my wrinkles.
32. I am aware of my faults, which has led me to be kinder to myself.
33. I am sensitive…I cry at the drop of a hat.
34. I love life and the journey I am on.
35. I am understanding.
36. I am a good friend.
37. I can think outside the box.
38. I am a good communicator when it comes to my feelings.
39. I have a great deal of inner strength.
40. I am a good secret keeper
41. I am organized.
42. I am dependable.
43. I laugh with no regrets.
44. I find it physically impossible to hide my obsession of Ryan Reynolds.
45. I can talk to anyone about anything.
46. In general I am laid back and relaxed.
47. I treat everyone with dignity and respect regardless of who they are.
48. I am extremely patient.
49. I am quick to understand viewpoints of others even though I may not agree.
50. I am curious about everything!
Whew…that was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I like this list and hope to read it to myself every morning while standing in front of the mirror. I like that this list will someday reach 500!