Friday, January 29, 2010

I'm in love with Mr. Darcy

Today I have the distinct pleasure of introducing you to one of my favorite bloggers, Bored Mommy. I got to know Maria at Bored Mommy through the Great Interview Experiment over at Citizen of the Month. Neil has done a great job connecting bloggers as a means of getting to know one another through interviews. Can I just say, “bravo Neil, your idea is F.A.B fabulous!”

So welcome today as I share my interview with Maria over at Bored Mommy.

But before we get into the nitty gritty of who Maria is I just have to say her blog cracks me up. She reminds me a lot of myself.

Why you might ask?

Well, she is a magazine whore, like me, has two adorable kids, like me, dreams of being a published author, like me, hates wearing socks (hello, boots + no socks = happy time for me), like me, has pierced ears that have not been adorned with earrings in 10 years, like me, she loves getting mail (except for the bills, of course), like me, and she hates vampires and Twilight, just like me.

I know what you're thinking...it’s almost like we were twins, separated at birth.

That is, until I came across this post on her blog. I don't care what was at stake, I NEVER WOULD HAVE READ THESE BOOKS…NOT IN A MILLION YEARS. I know she only read the Twilight series for the goodies she received, but come on…she just wasted many precious hours and then got her kids involved.

I have these that I got as a gag gift from my sister-in-law this Christmas. I am going to secretly send them to her for Valentines day.

Oh, I guess it’s not a secret anymore. Hey, she loves to get mail and it’s not a bill, I’m sure she will be stoked!

Anyway, here is how my interview with Maria went…

Do you remember the moment when the light bulb clicked and you said, “hey, I think today is the day that I want to start a blog?” I had been thinking about it on and off after I had been on Twitter for a few months. Kept seeing all these Twitter profiles, and every single one had a blog. Talked about it with my husband, and he thought it was a great idea as well. I actually tweeted it out, and got an overwhelming positive reaction to it, so I did it. That was June 15th of Last year, and I am so glad that I did.

You are stranded on a deserted island with only a backpack full of stuff and the clothes on your back, what sort of things might we find in your backpack? Well, if my actual handbag is any indication, I would have a ton of CRAP in it. I would probably have a book, couple of magazines, my wallet, kid’s toys, baby wipes, dirty Kleenex, lip gloss, my Blackberry, my iPod, a couple of pens, little notepad, and a million receipts. Of course, this would only be the case if I somehow happened upon a deserted island. I am not the “let’s explore this deserted island for kicks” kind of girl.

Congratulations on becoming a regular blogger over at Yummy Mummy! Tell me a little bit about your goals with that and how you hope to accomplish them? THANKS! It’s still SO new, but I’m really excited about blogging for the site. I’ve been a reader and follower for a really long time, so it’s plain awesome that I got to be a part of it. I will be blogging as PHAT MUMMY and the general theme will be about working to lose the post-marriage, post-baby weight that I have gained over the years. My goal is to do it in a healthy way so that once it’s off, it stays off!

You seem to have an obsession with Colin Firth that is very similar to my obsession with Ryan Reynolds. Let’s say Colin shows up at your door and says he is yours for the next 24 hours, what would that 24 hours look like? Great Question! Yes, Colin Firth had me at hello, and kept me after I saw him as Mr. Darcy. He is a delight in every sense of the word. After he picked me up, we would have breakfast together where I would insist he be Mr. Darcy to my Elizabeth Bennet. We would go for a walk, and stop in the park for a picnic lunch, where he would read Jane Austen to me, because seriously, who could resist that accent. Following lunch, we would go to a private screening of Love Actually, so that I could enjoy the scenes of his character attempting to speak Portuguese and melting over them, all over again. After a tea break, because English dudes like their tea, we would go on a motorcycle ride across a picturesque countryside, during which he is wearing a hot leather jacket and speeding like a madman. We would end the day with his singing/guitar playing Our Last Summer while I lay dying from sheer happiness. The End. (mental note: forward onto Mr. Bored Mommy as a suggestion for Valentine’s Day bliss)

My life
Sounds like…giggling, screaming, crying, laughing hyenas
Looks like…a library with a whole bunch of legos all over the place
Feels like…the marshmallow smushed inside of a Smore
Smells like…(please don’t say your husbands farts!) Purel and Vicks Vapo Rub
Tastes like…Chocolate with a side of bacon (see why I like this girl so much?)

Even though I thought I was super successful in my marriage, I wasn’t. What are some of the secrets that make your marriage work? There are several “secrets” that work for us, some are better than others. First, as with any relationship, there were times when we struggled to understand our roles, and how we fit with each other as husband and wife. That’s only normal in the beginning of any marriage. However, once my husband realized and accepted that I was ALWAYS right, everything just fell into place. Also, we’ve told ourselves that divorce is absolutely not an option, so knowing that that is out for possible choices of how to deal with things, and knowing that we’re stuck with each other, we are forced to work things out more productively. It has worked so far- 10 years in September.

Do you have any goals that you may have set for yourself in the past that you have yet to accomplish? If so, what are they? Other than the whole weight thing, one of my goals is to learn how to cook well. This is a work in progress obviously, but I should probably be putting much more focus on this, although it is difficult to do when your kids are the pickiest eaters on the planet, and won’t eat it anyway. I also would like to be a librarian. I know this sounds weird, but I want to get my Masters in Library Science one day and rock the hot librarian look while being amongst thousands of books. Heaven.

I, like you, have two very adorable kids, and I sometimes worry about their future and my relationship with them as adults. Do you ever think about what kind of a relationship you will have with your kids once they are adults? I think about it often actually. I hope that we will have an honest, loving relationship so they will feel that they can come to me at anytime with anything. I hope that they will want to hang out with us and travel with us. And if they refuse to think of me as a cool, hip mom, then I will be forced to force them into doing it, using the tools all Greek mothers have perfected over their lifetime, guilt and more guilt.

That’s it…that’s Bored Mommy in a nutshell. See, I told you she was a pretty cool chick. I’m off right now to mail my Twilight Valentine’s Hearts!

1 comment:

  1. Stopping by from SITS...I, too, feel like the Marshmallow in the middle of the S'more...I'm so checking her out!!!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Blogs by Mandy