Thursday, July 16, 2009

So tell me about yourself

I had a friend tell me recently that I didn’t know myself as well as I should. I asked him what he meant by this and he challenged me to try to write out 101 things about myself that people may or may not know about me.. I wasn’t sure I could do it. But once I started, I couldn’t stop thinking about things. I would constantly be writing in my blackberry, while I was driving, working, getting cleaned up, doing laundry, playing with my kids, etc. . This was a good exercise for me. It really made me appreciate myself a lot more.

So here is what I have learned about myself. I challenge you to do the same…

1. I love Hamilton and Gibson to pieces and would do anything for them.
2. My initial reaction is to laugh when I see a big man in a little car.
3. I wish I had a college degree.
4. I don’t like it when people stare at me at the gym.
5. I thought I had married the man of my dreams when I was 26…but have recently learned otherwise!
6. I hate cleaning…I do it, but I hate every moment of it.
7. My dad is the most important person in my life.
8. One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone takes something that I have said and turns it into something that they want to hear.
9. I love my friends to death and don’t know what I would do or where I would be without them.
10. I’m grossed out by the fact that Golden Corral caters
11. Being a single mom is by far the most difficult/lonely thing I have ever had to do.
12. I think it’s weird that someone would actually name a waxing salon, The Naked Monkey
13. I secretly tell people that my kids want a dog…but the reality is that I am the one that wants the dog.
14. I always want to throw up a little in my mouth at the thought of a hot dog eating contest.
15. I am the middle child. (Alec, my twin is 7 minutes younger than me, and Mark is older).
16. I think that Dog the Bounty Hunter needs a reality check. He doesn’t have a sexy chest, he has man boobs.
17. I secretly wish that Clinton Kelly from TLC’s “What not to Wear” was my gay friend.
18. I didn’t used to think that Gibson needed to be a middle child. I am currently rethinking that.
19. Hamilton, my oldest, is way to picky about the things he eats.
20. I love to read, but find it difficult to read more than a page or two at a time before falling asleep
21. I love going to the beach for vacation
22. I am in the process of writing my first book.
23. I hate putting away laundry.
24. I like that my boys like to play with each other.
25. I only ran the mini marathon to check it off of my bucket list.
26. I need to get my life organized
27. I don’t consider myself a morning person or a night person. I love to sleep to much to be either.
28. I wouldn’t change anything about my life.
29. My heart is often to big for my own good.
30. It takes almost nothing for me to cry.
31. I am proud of the lives that my brothers have created for their families
32. I am embarrassed to admit I got misty eyed during the inauguration.
33. I love to see people smile.
34. I wish I could see my best friend more often.
35. I can’t wait to turn 40.
36. My favorite color is black.
37. I love sushi.
38. The worst and best day of my life was when my husband left me.
39. Hamilton was named after my ex-mother-in-law and Gibson was named after a guitar.
40. I love the feeling of holding someone’s hand.
41. I am afraid of dying alone.
42. I tend to give more than I receive. Sometimes this bothers me.
43. I loved being pregnant, but hate what it did to my body.
44. There is only one person in this world that has ever made my heart skip a beat from passion, and it wasn’t my ex-husband.
45. When my mind is made up about something, I usually don’t change it.
46. I am a true romantic.
47. My mother was my parent, and not my friend. I adhere to that philosophy 100%.
48. I love to watch my kids play sports.
49. I have never broken a bone.
50. I have never been attracted to money.
51. I got caught by the police parking with my boyfriend once, and this was as an adult after I was divorced!
52. I once had a “good friend” sleep with my boyfriend behind my back. I have never spoke to that “friend” again.
53. I hate it when people lie.
54. I think I have really good intuition
55. I had to have my friend from California show me around the city I have lived in for 36 years. I had no idea there were so many cool things to do.
56. I hate talking about politics.
57. I was a gymnast all my life through High School.
58. I never felt betrayed until my husband left and told me he never loved me and was never attracted to me.
59. I love food!
60. I hope to get married again one day.
61. My family is a very loud family.
62. I get upset when someone insinuates something about me.
63. I love to people watch.
64. I hate to cook unless I am cooking a romantic dinner with someone I love.
65. I am addicted to the Bachelor and Bachelorette
66. I weigh myself every day…why do I put myself through this torture.
67. I didn’t realize, until recently, how important laughter really is.
68. I love roller coasters.
69. I hate it when people refer to me as a cougar if I date someone younger.
70. I am addicted to FaceBook
71. I think personality and humor are a lot sexier than looks.
72. I love having conversations with men that know how to communicate
73. I hated my 10 year high school reunion…but I loved my 20th.
74. I secretly starved two beta fish (Batman and Ace) because they wouldn’t leave each other alone.
75. Cats are a deal breaker in a relationship.
76. I love PDA when I’m in the mix, but hate it when I am not in the mix.
77. I hate clutter.
78. I miss my kids every moment they are not with me.
79. I hate it that I am considered the ugly one when going out with my friends.
80. I love to take my kids to movies. But I enjoy going on Sunday afternoons by myself better.
81. I am addicted to my blackberry.
82. I struggle saying “thank you” after someone compliments me.
83. I miss my mom terribly every day.
84. I have a habit of rolling my eyes all of the time and don’t even know I am doing it
85. My kids were mad at me when I told them we were saving for a tummy tuck instead of a dog
86. I hate talking on the phone, I need to invest in a webcam
87. I feel fat on days that I don’t work out
88. I’m sad when I think about my kids growing up and going away
89. I want to go back to Hawaii again…soon!
90. I don’t get to see my girlfriends as often as I would like
91. I love that my kids love God, now if only they can get their dad to do the same!
92. I am so ready for school to start up again…this seems to be a very long summer
93. I once had a date with a guy that hadn’t cleaned out his car in a year
94. I love writing articles for my blog.
95. I like it that Gibson asks me almost daily if he can help me clean the toilets
96. I can hardly keep my eyes open!
97. I’m excited for football season to start again. Go Colts!
98. I Wish I had more faith
99. I am constantly worrying about the future
100. I only have $200 more to save until I am comfortable with the amount in my savings account.
101. I have a goal in 2010 to go back and get my degree.

1 comment:

  1. This is great - I just started putting up random facts about myself on my blog and I think I am up to 30 now.

    Hi Julie - I am Lynne your Valentine Exchange Buddy!!! What kind of info should we share so that we can get to know each other, become blogging buddies and exchange the best gifts in the whole activity? I too cannot wait to go through your blog and get to know you better!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Blogs by Mandy