I love the world of blogging. I have not been blogging for a year yet and I have already met so many awesomely creative people. In fact, I never even read a blog before I started blogging, but now I’m addicted to so many. Why, you might ask? Well because blogs are like my celebrity magazines. Not only is it a way for me to take a look into other people’s lives, but the articles are usually short, sweet and to the point, perfect for an ADD reader like myself.
This past week was a really special blogging week for me because Sarah over at No Don’t and Stop thought I was worthy enough of a blogging award, my first, I might add. I have just recently become a stalker of Sarah’s blog because I love the way she writes. But after checking out her blog further, I realized we had a lot in common. Not only are we both single moms, but we both have the most adorable boys ever. We both have an unhealthy fascination with office supplies and neither of us can get through the book Love You Forever without crying like a baby. And one of the coolest things about Sara is that she has a super cute boyfriend who has recently encouraged her to go to church, which can only mean that she surrounds herself with fabulous people, one of them being Moi! And the circle evolves! If you haven’t checked her out yet, click on the link above, you won’t be sorry!
Now, this bloggy award is unlike an Oscar on two levels. You know when you are a woman and you get an Oscar there are only two things you must do. First, enjoy the limelight and second, file for divorce (I've already done both). But accepting an award in the bloggy world means a little more work. First, I must thank the person who sent it to me. Done. Second, I must tell you seven bits of information about me that you may not already know…
1. I have a twin brother who is seven minutes younger than me.
2. I love to sleep. Sunday’s without my kids are awesome. I have been known to sleep until 2 or 3 in the afternoon on occasion. I try not to do this much because when I do I just say to myself “where has the day gone” all day long.
3. Even though my mom has been gone for almost eleven years, I still think of her as my best friend.
4. I’m struggling to write my first book, because when I write I tend to isolate myself from the outside world. It’s a balance that I can’t quite figure out yet.
5. I love the show “Dog the Bounty Hunter”. It’s a train wreck that I can’t not watch!
6. I have been divorced almost five years. And to this day the only thing that I am still hurt about is not being able to spend quality time with my ex-mother-in-law and ex-sisters-in-law. Those girls mean the world to me and I miss them terribly.
7. I once sent a secret to PostSecret. Now I scan their website weekly in hopes to see it in print.
And last but not least, I have to give this award to 15 of my favorite bloggers. The tough part about this is that Sarah and I have many of the same favorite bloggers and I don’t want their heads to get to big. You know, like mine. So I am only giving this award to 5 of my favorite bloggers (these girls don’t even know that I follow/stalk them…they are going to be so surprised). I guess if there were a #8 to this game, I would have to say that I am a rebel, a rule breaker of sorts.
And the awards go to (in no particular order):
Handbags and Handguns
A City Girl in Rural Alaska
Life with Kaishon
Life according to Candice
If you like reading blogs, I highly recommend you check each one of these out. They all have their own talents and make me laugh.
A big Danke Schoen again to Sarah at No Don’t and Stop for my first ever blog award. Now I’m off to bring myself back down to reality.