Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Celebrity math

If you read my blog yesterday you know that I am on a mission to complete some of the things on my "bucket list". I have given myself 2 1/2 years to accomplish 101 goals. If you haven't already read yesterday's post, check it out here.

In less than 24 hours I have already completed (1) of my goals, #51, be an inspiration to someone. Thanks to MrsJenB and Chele both of whom emailed me yesterday to let me know that I have inspired them to start their own lists. Yeah MrsJenB and Chele, and yeah for my first $10 deposit into the "bucket jar" (damn, now what will I do for allowance for Hamilton and Gibson this week?).

The two goals on my list that worry me the most are: #22, fall in love and #52, get married barefoot. If you have been any kind of follwoer on my blog, you know that I struggle daily to find Mr. Right. From the first date fiascos to the long term relationships, my path to finding "the one" has been long and hard, and unfortunately, it doesn't look like there is an end in sight.

So it got me thinking about the saying, "if you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got." I don't know who said that, but it has always been a mantra for me when I'm giving advice to others. I, however, have never actually thought about it as it relates to me. But today, it finally hit home. I need to make some changes...physically, mentally and emotionally. I like to start with the easy changes so as not to get discouraged, so I decided to start with the physical changes.

Like any independent woman of the 21st Century, I immediately get online to figure out a strategy. And it hits me...what if I can figure out which celebrity I resemble the most and use that celebrities "style" persay, to jumpstart a "new look" for myself. I know its a warped way to think, but desperate times call for desperate measures. After all, I only have 2 1/2 years!

Through my research I was lucky enough to find the celebrity I most resembled, and boy was I shocked! I couldn't believe the computer generated program would match me with such a stellar person. I know you are all dyiing to know who I was matched with...

Drum roll please.......



Yep, apparently I resemble Jack Black with an 85% accuracy. If this doesn't hurt a chicks self esteem, I don't know what would. The second celebrity in line to match me is Alicia Silverstone, but only with a 45% accuracy.



Seriously? This program thinks I looke more like Jack Black than Alicia Silverstone? I might just have to end my life here...Quite frankly, I don't think I resemble either, but I will say when my hair was long I did have a couple of people (ok, drunk guys at a bar) tell me that I look like Alicia Silverstone.

So here is how I see the math on this particular connection...

Jack Black



MINUS the big belly



MINUS the goofy look



MINUS the musical talent



MINUS the energy



MINUS the facial hair



Divide him in half... (he is a very large little guy)

...and you may have something that resembles a very distant relative of mine.



Quite frankly, the only thing I see of resemblance between the two of us is that we both need an upper lip wax!

6 comments:

  1. That. Is. Fabulous! I would be terrified to find out which celebrity I resemble. Mine wouldn't even be human. Mr. Ed or something.

    But hey - Jack Black is really cool. And it's what's on the inside that counts. (The computer program was taking your insides into account, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the name of this program? I got to try this! Too funny!

    www.frugaltractormom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea, I want to see which celebrity I resemble, too! LOL, that is TOOO FUNNY!!! I have to say that I have an enormous girl crush on Alicia Silverstone, what with her being an environmentally-friendly and vegan and just drop-dead gorgeous, so she's definitely a good person to be compared with, I think.

    Set small goals and you'll be amazed at how quickly things will fall into place for you. I recently did this myself: a mind, body, soul makeover and I approached things one at a time (also beginning with the physical part). Once I started to see results after months of Bikram yoga, I was inspired to continue on to the other parts. I wish you the best of luck and can't wait to read all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny. You look nothing like Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Long comment ahead:

    I was once told I look like Rosie O'Donnell. It was not taken as a compliment, I can tell you. And that was by a person, not a computer program. Oh, the humanity.

    Anyway, I'm glad my comment yesterday helped cross one off your list!

    I have to tell you, straight-up: As soon as I stopped caring about finding someone, and I mean literally THE DAY I decided that I had stopped caring...I met my husband. I kid you not. Maybe the key is to stop struggling and let it flow - maybe THAT'S the "stop doing what you've always done" that you need to think about. As soon as I stopped worrying, stopped crying, stopped caring so much, he came into my life. I put up an ad which pretty much told any guy reading it that he had to accept me as I was, size 16 and sarcastic and everything or else don't waste my time responding...and he liked my straightforwardness. We met in person two days later, and I told myself to be casual and not hang my entire life and happiness on this meeting...and we were married 2 1/2 years after that.

    Though I was wearing shoes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh girl. We are so on the same page in our lives!

    Except my insane brother lives with me... that's a whole-nother post in itself. So, anywhoozle.

    Your mantra is the same as mine. It's totally time to start mixing it up.

    I've got your back, girl. Werd.

    Rest easy. It's not that you look like Jack Black. You look nothing like Jack Black. :D

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Blogs by Mandy