I thought I would dedicate today’s post to all of those moms out there who will be celebrated this weekend. Before I forget, if you are reading this and you are a mom, I say kudos to you…You have an awesome job.
With that being said, since my divorce, Mother’s Day has become the worst day of the year for me for two reasons. First, because my kids are never with me on Sundays (in my ex’s defense, if I asked he would let me have the boys for the day, but he gets them so little that I always hate to take them from him on his time.) and second, it’s just another reminder that my awesome mom is no longer with us. Although I think about her every single day, Mother’s Day is by far the toughest.
So, selfishly, to cheer me up a little, and of course to celebrate all those moms out there, I thought I would share my little list of the Top Ten Ways that You Know You are a Mom.
10. You can complete an entire conversation in under one minute flat.
9. In the middle of that conversation, you may stop and yell…”look firetruck!” and then continue on as if nothing happened.
8. You can’t help but notice all of the stains on your clothes.
7. You have no idea what is happening in the world around you, but you can give great details of your child’s bathroom habits.
6. You frequently forget what you are talking about.
5. You can give ten good reasons as to why a glass of wine at nap time is a good thing for you.
4. Once you have had small children you are able to take more crap from people than you used to.
3. You sometimes can’t see the irony of calling your child a “son-of-a-bitch.” (Bless your heart!)
2. You often ask your children “do you want some advice” only as a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if they answer yes or no, they are going to get your advice anyway.
And the number one way to know you are a mom…
1. You understand that your role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car for a lifetime.
And for those of you that are still looking for the perfect Mother’s Day Gift…might I suggest this…
Happy Mother's Day!