Thursday, August 6, 2009

What makes me happy

Oh yes...the blogging world has silly games too...and this couldn't have come at a better time! I am feeling a little blue today and was struggling to come up with some inspiring blog article filled with insight and laughter. But alas...this cam across my desk and took the pressure off. I have been tagged by another blogger. The assignment given to me was to name six things that make me happy and write about them. It may not be inspirational or insightful, but just thinking about these six things has made me a little more happy today...and God knows I needed a little cheering up.

1. Hamilton & Gibson



These two are the lights of my life. There is nothing better than being a parent...no matter what kind of parent it is, single parent, step parent, two loving parents in a committed relationship...it doesn't matter, it is rewarding on any level. They have been on vacation with their dad for the past week and come home tonight and I can't tell you how happy that makes me. Hamilton is my oldest and will definitely be a heart breaker one day. He loves sports, hanging with his friends, reading, and is in no way looking forward to starting school in less than one week. Gibson is my youngest and has a spunk like no other child I know. He has never met a stranger and idolizes his brother. He will try anything once, and unlike Hamilton, is so freaking excited about starting school next week.

2. Blogging



Blogging is usually very relaxing for me. It is often what I resort to when I have thoughts and feelings that I feel like I need to share with the world or get off my chest. I used to journal and after looking back at some of my entries, I felt like I had some good stuff to share. It is very therapeutic for me and sometimes it is what I need to get through the day.

3. Friends



I know a lot of women say this, but my friends truly are the best friends in the world. I have many that help me get through day to day. They are always looking out for me, checking up on me and are the rocks of support that keep me going. I would not be who I am today without them!

4. Boot Camp



I love Boot Camp! This class is the one thing that I look forward to three very early mornings a week. It keeps me active, healthy, and yes, I will say it...sane! And the best part about it is that I am actually starting to see a change in my physique...my arms are beginning to get sculpted and my waist is getting smaller...and this makes me very happy!

5. Dog the Bounty Hunter



I know you are probably saying, huh?, what?, why?...Well, Dog the Bounty Hunter makes me happy because, well, it just does...It's like a train wreck, I can't not watch it. My heart starts to flutter and palms get sweaty if I flip to it when watching TV. The whole gang cracks me up and I can't help that this show makes me smile...that's how I roll!

6. Laughter



And last but not least...where would I be without laughter...after all, it is the best medicine, right? So bring it on people...make me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Blogs by Mandy