Friday, March 5, 2010
Top Ten Friday
Welcome back to our regularly scheduled programming! No more weaving in the top ten list with the meaning of love…Thank God! I'm just here to break it down for you!
Today’s list includes my favorite “useless facts”. Of course there are millions of useless facts…but this list today, is just a sampling of my favorites. Some of them are funny, others not so funny and a few might just make you go “hmmmmm?”
Top Ten Favorite Useless Facts…
10. A ducks quack does NOT echo.
9. A 2 x 4 is really a 1 ½ by 3 ½ .
8. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn’t wear pants.
7. The original name for a butterfly was flutterby.
6. The phrase “rule of thumb” is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn’t beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
5. Celery has negative calories. It actually takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has to begin with. Eat up girls!
4. Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.
3. The Guinness Book of World Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from public libraries.
2. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because farting in a space suit can cause damage to the material.
And my number one favorite useless fact (an it’s only my favorite because it ties into the Oscars this weekend)is…
1. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.