Welcome to another edition of Top Ten Friday where I break it down!
Today’s post is a random mix of things that caught my attention this week. They are all things that made me say “hmmmm”, but I didn’t really think any of them were worth an entire post. So I thought I would share with you a little tidbit about each.
Hope you enjoy.
1. Banana Republic Ad: This, my friends, actually made me do a double take. I was scowering the website for some good deals and as I was quickly clicking through the pages, I hit the back arrow when I got to the men’s section. Is it just me or should the people in charge of the Banana Republic website be reprimanded for this picture selling men’s pants?
Quite honestly, it made me want to go buy a pair.
2. Jessica Alba on the cover of Glamour Magazine: Can you see what is wrong with this cover?
I don’t know about you, but I would be pretty ticked if that were me on the cover with the title “untamed va-jay-jays” placed where it is…I’m just saying.
3. Could this be the start of a Hollywood Catfight?: Sofia Vergara from Modern Family recently said this about Madonna, “LA is crazy. The women all look the same now, that thing with the cheeks. Like Madonna. Who do they think they are fooling? It doesn’t make them look young, it just ends up making them look like a freak.”
I think she hit the nail on the head!
4. Jennifer Aniston vs. Bill O’Reilly: Bill O’Reilly, or Toolbag, as I will call him, recently slammed Jennifer Aniston in the media when he berated her for her decision to have a baby without a husband by saying “she is throwing a message out to twelve and thirteen year olds that ‘hey, you don’t need a guy, you don’t need a dad’ That is destructive to our society.”
Honestly, I don’t know how I feel about the situation, but I will give Jennifer Aniston props for her comeback to the Toolbag’s statement. She said, “Of course the ideal scenario for parenting is obviously two parents of a mature age. Parenting is one of the hardest jobs on earth, and of course, many women dream of finding Prince Charming (with fatherly instincts), but for those who’ve not yet found their Bill O’Reilly, I’m just glad science has provided a few other options.”
Bravo Jennifer! Bravo!
5. Oprah Winfrey: All I am going to say is this, is it necessary that Oprah earn $315 million per year? Doesn’t that seem excessive? What’s wrong with say $100 million a year and then use the other $215 million for those in our country that don’t have water and food to put on their tables, or places to live? And Oprah isn’t the only one I have issues with…she just happens to be one of my least favorites. Charlie Sheen…doesn’t he earn something like $1.2 million per episode of Two and a Half Men? Again Hollywood…doesn’t that seem excessive?
6. Dina Lohan: Dear Dina, Until you stop blaming others for Lindsey’s mistakes, she will not get better. It’s not the media, it’s not her dad, and it’s not the judge on her case. Unless you step up to the plate, stop protecting her and show her some tough love, she will just continue to revert back to drugs, alcohol and bad decisions. You’ve been warned.
7. Ellen Degeneres: All I can say is, THIS WOMAN CAN DANCE! Check out this video of her guest appearance on So You Think You Can Dance.
8. Mel Gibson: Seriously people, can we please stop bashing the poor guy and get him some help. We have no idea what goes on in his life on a daily basis. I don’t agree with any of his antics, but bashing him in the media is definitely not helping him heal!
9. Miley Cyrus: Apparently she wants to auction off her clothes for charity…
...ummm, I think I will pass
And last but not least...
10. Project Husband: This blog has become a new addiction of mine. This girl is planning her wedding for February 2011 and she doesn’t have a groom yet. And when I say plan…she has reserved the venue and is purchasing the gown. I can’t decide if she has balls or if she is just desperate? Either way, it’s an interesting approach.
Happy Friday everyone!