Wow! Two celebrations in one week…
First there was my feature day over at SITS, which, by the way, I am still recovering from. It’s like a hangover (a good one, if that’s possible) that just won’t go away. AND I LOVE IT.
And now this…my 200th post! I can’t believe I have written 200 blog posts. Could that be right? Is the math correct? Me, talking that much to you guys on two hundred different instances? I have to say, I am a little surprised after all those years I spent being a shy, soft-spoken, Hello Kitty collecting, Donnie Osmond loving misfit in my youth. I guess all those bottled up dreams and thoughts had to come out at some point or another.
In celebration of my big day, I thought I would share with you some random things I know about the number 200…
1. Did you know that someone in North Carolina successfully passed off this $200 bill
bearing George W. Bush’s portrait and a drawing of the White House complete with lawn signs reading “We like ice cream” and “USA deserves a tax cut.” The phony Bush bill was given to a cashier at a grocery store for $150 worth of groceries.
2. 200- the amount of money I save monthly now that I have booted Toxic Friend from my life. (looking back, I can't believe that I partied that much when we hung out...that's embarassing!)
3. Did you know that it costs our government $200 million dollars every time an Air Marshall makes an arrest? I’m of the humble opinion that any passenger in need of being arrested in air by an Air Marshall should be duct tapped to the wing until landing. It would not only save us tax dollars but I believe it might be good entertainment for the passengers as well. (“Uh, this is your Captain speaking, if you look out your windows to the left you will notice a man duct tapped to the wing…”)
4. 200- the number of times I look at the clock daily wishing it was time to leave work.
5. It cost 7 million dollars to build the Titanic and 200 million to make a film about it.
6. 200- the number of times I ask my kids daily to make their beds
7. Every day 200 million couples make love (what? Why am I not a part of that stat)
8. 200- the amount I spend on car insurance a month. Hey, that's what happens when you have (1) wreck, (1) parking ticket, and (2) speeding tickets in the past six months.
9. In 1970 there were 200 million cars in the world, today there are over 600 million.
10. 2000- the average number of times I usually text in one month
Ok…so those weren’t all about the number 200, but at least all the numbers had a two and two zeros in them, right?
Stick with me kids…I can justify anything to make it fit the way I want.