Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Open Letters

Dear Invited Guests to Gibson’s 6th Birthday Party,

You’re right…the football field was small, but it was as big as I could make it. I don’t have an NFL size back yard, therefore, I cannot spray paint an NFL size football field in my back yard. Stop bitching and enjoy the day, after all, it was made for a six year old boy!.

Thanks,
The girl who feels under appreciated for her hard work and creative ideas
*********************************************************************************

Dear Blind Date from Saturday Night,

You were a super nice guy, however, you just reminded me way to much of my ex-husband and I don’t think I could ever get past that.

Thanks for dinner,
The girl with memories
*********************************************************************************

Dear Hamilton & Gibson,

I am sorry…this is not how I wanted to spend the summer. I was hoping to be able to take you on a fun fantabulous vacation of sorts. I imagined having the money to do this. Instead all I was able to offer you were a couple of day trips here and there. You said they were the best days ever, but I had greater hopes for our summer.

Here’s hoping for a better summer next year!

Love,
Your mom that tries to do it all
*********************************************************************************

Dear Boy…you know who you are,

If you wait for perfect conditions…life will happen around you…and once you realize that, it will be to late!

Love,
Frustrated girl in Indy
*********************************************************************************

Dear Former Mr.

It is ok to converse with me…I won’t bite! It is ok to look at me in other ways than the judgmental ways that you do…I won’t bite! You aren’t all that you think you are!

Love,
The one that is happy she got away!
*********************************************************************************

Dear God,

I’m trying! I really am! I am feeling like you are trying to teach me something, perhaps how to be strong. I don’t know. I thought I was strong, but these days, if it’s not one thing it’s another.

My marriage failed…I bounced back. I got my act together, got a great job, am supporting my kids and trying to figure out what you have in store for my future. I made some forays into dating and so far have failed miserably…to many losers, to many rejections!

All I ask is that you give me a little hint…a hint of something to look forward to…something positive that will make my days easier. Please tell me that something good is around the corner!

Thanks,
ME
*********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Blogs by Mandy