Monday, September 21, 2009

I can't believe my baby is six

I am dedicating today’s blog to my youngest son Gibson who is celebrating his sixth birthday. I can’t believe he is already six...time sure does fly when you're having fun. I have definitely enjoyed reflecting over the past six years and thinking of the numerous smiles Gibson has put on my face.

He is such a funny boy, he gets that from me! He loves waking up in the morning and truly does enjoy everything that each day brings his way. He loves sports of any kind, video games and being in kindergarten. Gibson can talk to ANYONE and has never met a stranger.

Yesterday we had a “flag football” birthday party for him. This entailed me spray painting a miniature football field in my backyard. This, I believe, has officially put me on the “coolest mom in the world” list. Even though we are from Indiana, Gibson has a fascination with the Pittsburgh Steelers and Ben Rothlesberger. So even though it killed me to see him dressed like Rothlesberger, he still made me smile. For those of you that care…the Steelers beat the Colts 34 to 28…

NICKNAMES:
Gibby
The Geekster (this one gets lots of looks when people hear me call him this)
Geeker Beaker
Gee

FUNNY THINGS GIBBY HAS SAID:

(in a frantic search for the missing DS that was sitting on his lap) “Mom, you know I have eyes like my dad and sometimes I can’t see the things that are right in front of me.”—if he only knew how true this really was

Me: Do you like my jeans?
Gibby: Yes
Me: (couldn’t stop there, oh no…I had to push the envelope)
Do they make my butt look big?
Gibby: No, but they make your belly look fat.

Gibby: Mommy, do you still love daddy?
Me: Yes (a six year old doesn’t need to know anything more than this right?)
Gibby: Well, Daddy only loves you as a friend (Damn the ex…beat me to the punch)

This morning after waking up from a jam packed busy birthday weekend: “Mommy, why do I have to go to school, I’m never leaving home anyway so I won’t ever have to get a job.”

Me: (while practicing ABC’s with Gibby) “Apple starts with….”
Gibby: “A”
Me: Boy starts with…
Gibby: “B”
Me: Car starts with…
Gibby: “Duh…a key mommy!”

“Mommy, I’m so glad I’m six…this is the oldest I have ever been.”

After giving me a kiss goodbye one morning…”Mommy, I think it’s time you get your mustache shaved.”

After driving by a yard in our neighborhood that was covered in dandelions one Spring “Mommy, why can’t we have a yard that pretty?”

FAVORITE FOOD: Chicken Wings

FAVORITE COLOR: Red

FAVORITE THING TO DO AFTER SCHOOL: Ride my bike

BEST FRIEND: My brother, Hamilton

WHO DO YOU LOVE MORE THAN ANYONE IN THE WORLD: God (I was secretly hoping for “mommy”, but this answer is just as good)


I sometimes wish Gibby was still this…


But am so glad that he is now this…

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Blogs by Mandy