In my 39 years, 362 days here on this earth I have learned ALOT, some good things, some bad things and some ugly things...but, no matter what, they were all worthy lessons. Some of these lessons I wish I would have learned at different times so that I could have either enjoyed them longer, or been hurt by them less. But we can't always control what we learn and when we learn it, all we can do is change ourselves based on the experiences we have.
So consider yourselves lucky blog fans...I'm sharing with you today, my most prized list to date...I like to call it 39 lessons in 39 years.
1. When people show you the kind of person they are the first time, BELIEVE them!
2. You are so smart, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
3. Credit cards are the work of the devil.
4. If you are going to be a slut, please be discreet about it.
5. Don't be afraid to venture out alone.
6. Don't ever let your eyes play tricks on you.
7. Live your dream and wear your passion.
8. Don't dwell on past relationships, men are like busses, another one comes around every 15 minutes.
9. A half truth is a whole lie.
10. The key to happiness is realizing and experiencing your dreams instead of just dreaming them.
11. Teachers are noble.
12. Read. read. read. Write. write. write.
13. Never say what another person will or won't do.
14. Trust your gut!
15. Nothing beats a good cocktail!
16. Cherish your loved ones.
17. This is your life...do what YOU love!
18. If someone isn't there for you anymore you have to let him/her go no matter how difficult that may be.
19. Now is the time to enjoy the great life that you have.
20. Do not allow others to make you feel like less of a person, no matter what their reason is.
21. Stop fighting yourself.
22. You are good enough!
23. Sometimes your mom does know best.
24. Always be yourself...do NOT pretend for anyone.
25. No one needs to know everything about you.
26. Keep your friends close and forget about your enemies.
27. Nothing, and I mean nothing is better than good sex.
28. Use what you have to get what you want.
29. If you don't like something, don't bitch about it, change it.
30. All emotions are beautiful.
31. Open your mind, arms and heart to new things.
32. If someone wants to be a part of your life, they will make an effort to be in it.
33. You always know what you have, you just don't ever think you will lose it.
34. When things in your life don't add up, then maybe it is time to start subtracting.
35. The good thing about life is that there is always another chapter.
36. Love yourself first!
37. Hold onto yourself tight because sometimes life hurts like hell.
38. Remember, you are beautiful, no matter what anyone else tells you.
39. Don't be afraid to get lost, because it will only help you find yourself.