Monday, June 7, 2010

Hello summer

Summer has finally arrived in the He Who Laughs Last household. To me it's is all about cherishing the moments and enjoying what life has to offer. So many times in my past I was worried about the next thing that I didn’t take time out to enjoy the little things. And thanks to my non-boyfriend, boyfriend I’m slowly realizing that it’s the little things in life that I should learn to cherish more.

And by little things I mean, ice cream under a shade tree, flying kites on a windy afternoon, fishing in the bask of the sunlight, football in the park, bike rides at sunset, catching fireflies on a humid evening, photography, good conversation under the stars, campouts on the deck, a good glass of wine, running through the sprinkler, fresh tomatos from the garden, lunch with girlfriends, butterfly watching, walking on the canal, journaling under a shade tree, sunsets, sunrises, the innocent laughter of children, thunderstorms, movies in the park, running through the puddles, picking strawberries, catching some rays, coffee at the corner café, dinner outdoors, live music, quiet car rides, flirting, hiking on a beautiful day, enjoying memories of loved ones, sunflowers, bubbles in the back yard, melting popsicles, road trips, lemonade stands, waterslides, sleepovers, creek walking, trips to the zoo, fire works, baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, cutting your sandwiches into triangles, and picnics in the park.

I don’t know about you but I can’t wait to cherish all that this summer has to offer…it is looking very promising in the He Who Laughs Last household!

4 comments:

  1. These are the things that I love too. It just seems so much easier to enjoy them in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to take a big *sigh* while reading that...summer time takes me back to my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. That sounds like pure bliss. Right up my alley. :)

    I'm going to print this out and make it cute and put some where I can see it all the time.

    Just as a blissful reminder of all the wonderful little things I don't take time to do.

    But WILL do. :)

    *Be Blissful Always*
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't have written that post better myself... : ) Makes me wish summer would hurry up in my part of the world.... : )

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Blogs by Mandy