Welcome to today’s Top Ten Friday where I break it down…
I don’t watch a whole lot of TV but one of my all time favorite shows is Modern Family. To date, I have laughed my butt off through each and every episode. Phil Dunphy, the dad, is by far the funniest character on television today. His goals are to be a cool dad and a great husband. He’s the kind of guy that thinks everyone wants to hang out with him.
So to honor the funniest television character to date, I thought I would share with you my Top Ten Favorite Phil Dunphy Quotes or Dunphy”isms” as I like to call them.
10. Cheerleading in my college was so cool. The football players were so jealous that they wouldn’t even let me and my buddies Trevor, Scotty and Ling go to their parties.
9. (while talking about Desiree, the hot neighbor) Am I attracted to her? Yes. Would I ever act on it? No way not while my wife is still alive.
8. I act like a parent and talk like a peer, I call it peerenting.
7. Claire likes to say, you can be part of the problem, or you can be part of the solution, but I believe you can be both.
6. Claire is a perfectionist, which sometimes is a good thing, like when it comes to picking a husband.
5. I was 11 years old. I hit ten straight fastballs in the batting cage. Then my friend Jeff Sweeney took one in the groin. I yelled “ball two!” Everybody laughed. That’s when I knew I was funny.
4. The iPad comes out on my actual birthday. It’s like Steve Jobs and God got together to say “we love you Phil.”
3. (about friending his ex-girlfriend on Facebook) She’s one of the 447, everyone wants a slice.
2. (speaking to his wife, Claire) You’re all the porn I need.
And the number one funniest thing Phil Dunphy has ever said….
I’m a cool dad, that’s my thang. I surf the web. I text. Lol, laugh out loud, OMG, oh my God, WTF, why the face?