Ready for Love
Well, here we are, at the end of another month. I want to pat myself on the back for posting every single day in the month of February (note to self: never ever again, the pressure!) It was a struggle, but I learned so much about myself during Project Love month. I think I may do this every year during the month of February. It was a very exhilarating educational experience for me. I learned so much about myself. So much so that I think I have cleared my head and may be ready to move on in search of that lucky bastard to spend the rest of my life with.
In fact, today is sort of an anniversary of mine. It was five years ago today, that I actually made myself get out of bed for the first time in almost a month, put on make-up and venture out in public. It was this day, five years ago that I decided I wasn’t going to let my ex get the best of me. It was this day, five years ago, that I woke up, smelled the coffee, and was determined to find who I had lost!
And by golly, I think I’m almost there. In fact, I think I am kind of thankful for my divorce? Thankful because I don’t know if I would have ever realized how lost I was if I were still married.
So, I say Cheers! Cheers to never looking back. Cheers to the future. And because I don’t like to waste time…here it is ladies, (and by ladies I mean all my friends who I am now commissioning to go off into the world in search of a perfect man for me), my list! Yep…in it’s entirety, I offer you the perfect man list. I refuse to settle anymore!
Short men need not apply! Ego-maniacs need not apply! Men who are lost and can’t figure out what they want out of life need not apply! Oh, who am I kidding, my “need not apply” list could go on forever. And let’s be honest, no one likes a Debbie Downer when it comes to blog posting. So on a more upbeat note, I offer you my list of “must haves”…no questions asked!
1. Hold the door open for me, not because I am a woman but because it is the polite thing to do. Then if you really want to impress me, hold the door open for everyone else…*SWOON*
2. In my book, no means no! When I say I don’t want a foot massage, I really mean I don’t want a foot massage.
3. If you can’t look me in the eyes then I can’t take you seriously.
4. If I can’t sit on your furniture in my jeans then we may not be a good match. I spend a lot of money on my jeans and sometimes I want to sit in them…I know, crazy concept.
5. On the jeans note, properly fitted ones, on a man spell B-O-N-U-S in my book.
6. I do not believe in love at first site nor do I believe in one true love anymore.
7. I want someone who doesn’t want to change me. But encourages me to do so at times.
8. I like PDA when I’m one of the two involved.
9. I like it when you respond to my text messages and emails in a timely manner.
10. Tattoos are fine, tattoos with your ex-girlfriend’s name, not so good!
11. Loves me for me, no judging allowed.
12. Good relationship with his family and friends.
13. Loves himself, but is not “in love” with himself.
14. Makes me laugh.
15. Loves sarcasm, must be able to dish it and take it.
16. Is humble and not afraid to be a dork.
17. Loves movies and reality TV.
18. Checks my attitude when it needs to be (in a loving and kind way).
19. Is not afraid to share himself completely.
20. Smiles and laughs with his heart and soul.
That’s it people…the list isn’t that long and should be easy to find…so put on your glasses, locate your “Man Finding” GPS, and get hopping. After all, I’m going to be forty…some day!
Love is a Battlefield.