So many times I hear my guy friends say that women are complicated creatures. Quite frankly, I think there is no more complicated creature than a man, but what do I know, right? I agree, however, that sometimes women can be a little difficult, but bottom line…if we are in a relationship that involves communication, honesty and loyalty then we are usually happy campers.
I am not a rule follower by any means. But I also feel like men and women would do much better in relationships if they just established some basic ground rules up front. Here are a few that I am throwing out there for your viewing pleasure. If you have any to add, please let me know and I would be happy to amend my list.
Men, if you follow these rules to the T I guarantee you will have a long lasting relationship with a wonderful woman
1. The female always makes the rules.
2. The rules are subject to change without notice.
3. No male can possibly know all of the rules.
4. If the female suspects the male knows all of the rules, she must immediately change some or all of the rules.
5. The female is never wrong.
6. If it appears the female is wrong, it is because of a flagrant misunderstanding caused by something the male did or said wrong.
7. If rule #6 applies, the male must apologize immediately for causing the misunderstanding.
8. The female can change her mind at any given time.
9. The male must never change his mind without the express, written consent of the female.
10. The female has every right to be angry or upset at any time.
11. The male must remain calm at all times, unless the female wants him to be angry or upset.
12. The female must, under no circumstances, let the male know whether she wants him to be angry or upset.
13. The male is expected to read the mind of the female at all times.
14. At all times, what is important is what the female meant, not what she said.
15. Any attempt to document the rules could result in bodily harm.
16. If the male, at any time, believes he is right, he must refer to rule #5
…and men think we are complicated. I don’t know about you, but it looks pretty black and white to me.