First, let me start by wishing all my single friends out there a happy…uhhh Monday! Yes, happy Monday people! I hope you all will join me in a pint of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream in front of the TV later tonight!
As we single people know, Valentine’s Day is not a great day to be single. We are constantly reminded that if we aren’t in a relationship of some kind then we must be losers.
Well, today I celebrate us losers!
And to celebrate, I give you my Top Ten Reasons why I think it is great to be single on Valentine’s Day.
10. No expectations, no disappointments.
9. It’s perfectly acceptable to eat Chinese take-out in your extra large comfy PJ’s with your glasses on in front of the TV.
8. You don’t have to fake a smile of excitement when you get edible panties as a gift.
7. There is no better night to pick up guaranteed single men at a bar.
6. No sense of feeling guilty about not wanting to have sex before you go to bed.
5. There’s no pressure…no pressure to find the perfect outfit that makes you look skinny, hot, classy, feminine and like you’re not trying to hard all at the same time. No pressure to have clear blemish-free skin for just one damn night. No pressure to have unfrizzy, volumized, shiny hair. No pressure to find the most romantic restaurant, with the best wine and most expensive meals…absolutely no pressure!
4. No sharing the Valentine chocolate!
3. It’s the one day a year that you know you don’t have to shave your legs.
2. The realization that you don’t have to figure out the actual stage of your relationship in order to pick out the most perfect present.
And the number one reason why I think it is good to be single on Valentine’s Day:
1. It still leaves the door open to get a sext message from Brett Favre…still keeping my fingers crossed that this will happen. The day is still young.
Happy Valentine’s Day!