Today's post is dedicated to my all time favorite Christmas movie ever, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. In fact, it may even be my all time favorite movie ever.
So sit back, relax, grab a cup of eggnog and enjoy my Top Ten Favorite quotes from the movie.
10. "Thank you dad for teaching me everything I know about exterior illumination." (Clark Griswold)
9. Rusty: "Dad, this tree won't fit in our back yard."
Clark: "It's not going in the back yard Russ, it's going in the living room."
8. Clark: "Burn some dust here...eat my rubber"
Rusty: "Dad, I think you mean burn rubber and eat my dust."
Clark: "Whatever, Russ, whatever!
7. "I'm gonna park the cars, check the luggage, and well...I'll be outside for the season." (Clark Griswold)
6. Clark: "Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?"
Eddie: "Naw, I'm doin just fine, Clark."
5. (as an entourage of suits, led by Clark's boss pass by him single file) "Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, kiss my ass, kiss his ass, kiss your ass, Happy Hanukkah." (Clark Griswold)
4. Eddie: (talking about his dog Snot) "If you scratch his belly Clark, he will love you till the day he dies."
Clark: "I really shouldn't Eddie. My hands are all chapped."
3. Audrey: "Do you sleep with your brother? Do you know how sick and twisted that is?"
Ellen: "Well, I'm sleeping with your father. Don't be so dramatic, Audrey."
2. "You want to hurry this up Clark? I'm freezing my baguettes off." (Art, Ellen's father)
And my number one favorite quote from Christmas Vacation is...
"Where do you think you are going? Nobody is leaving. Nobody is walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nut house." (Clark Griswold)
Now if that just doesn't wreak Christmas spirit...I don't know what would!