Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Another joyous day talking about me

Recently I’ve gotten away from the MEME’s that I used to so enjoy and had convinced myself that you equally enjoyed reading. So when my friend sent me an email a couple of weeks ago with these questions as a challenge for a blog post, naturally I was kind of excited about answering them.

But then, I blew it off.

However, yesterday, I got a comment from a fellow blogger on one of my posts and when I checked out her blog, she had answered the same questions that my friend had challenged me to answer. So then I thought if she wasn’t to cool for the MEME, then neither am I, and I took the challenge.

Enjoy!

1.How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? 26. That was how old I was when I got married. I thought I had conquered the world and loved my life at the time.

2.Which is worse, failing or never trying? I think never trying is worse. I’ve always been the kind of girl that will try anything once, well almost anything…

3.If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? I think somewhere along the way we have all been “brainwashed” in a sense, that we are supposed to act a certain way and do certain things. I have learned in my five years of recovery to start focusing more on the things that I actually want to focus on and stop worrying about the things that don’t matter. Hence my post yesterday.

4.When all is said and done, will you have said more that you have done? Probably. I’m a writer, it’s how I best express myself.

5.What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? There is lots I would like to change, but the fact that most people believe that we need money to be happy really irritates me. When I was younger I used to think that way, but have learned along the way that greed is not all it’s cracked up to be. It’s an ugly characteristic.

6.If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? I’m lucky to have a job now that would fit that category. I work with high school seniors in the non-profit industry and couldn’t think of a job that would be more fulfilling than this one. It fills my tank!

7.Are you doing what you believe in, or settling for what you are doing? Definitely doing what I believe in!

8.If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I guess it would be too late for me to answer that question because I “mentally” turned 40 on Sunday. You see, my half birthday is September 12th and every year on that day I start telling people that I am another year older so that when my actual birthday comes around, I have already eased into being a year older.

9.To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? Hopefully a very small degree. I’ve learned the hard way that changing the plan that is already in place for me is hard and often leads to hurt.

10.Are you more worried about doing things right or doing the right things? I’m kind of a rule follower…I think it’s what makes the world go round.

11.You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friendd of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? I definitely call them out on their behavior. I’m all about being there for the underdog. We are all adults…can’t we all just get along?

12.If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Listen to your parents. You may think they are being uncool at times, but they love you and are just looking out for your best interest. I can’t tell you how many times, as an adult, that I have said something like “if only I had listened to my parents.”

13.Would you break the law to save a loved one? ABSOLUTELY! Without question.

14.Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? Yes

15.What is something you know you would do differently than most people? I try my best not to be judgmental upon first meeting someone. You never know who they really are until you have heard their story.

16.How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Because we were all created differently. Everyone’s happiness is reliant on different things.

17.What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? Write my first book. I get excited when I write, but sometimes I start to doubt and wonder if anyone is really interested in what I have to say.

18.Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of? No...Thanks to almost five years of therapy, I’ve learned to let it all go…Life’s to short to dwell on things that you can’t control

19.If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? Hands down Hawaii! It’s like heaven on earth. Plus “Dog the Bounty Hunter” is there…that’s definitely one train wreck I would like to see up close and in person.

20.Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? No, I’ve never heard that before.

21.Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Definitely a joyful simpleton…again life is to short to worry all the time.

22.Why are you, you? Because that’s how God created me?

23.Have you been the kind of friend that you want as a friend? Absolutely. There is nothing in life that I value and cherish more than my friends.

24.Which is worse, when a good friend moves away or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? I would have to say losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you. I have this problem in my life right now. My best friend of 31 years lives less than a mile from me and we don’t get the chance to chat as much as we used to. Our lives have gone in totally opposite directions. We are both so busy and finding time to see each other is often difficult. But I still love her and consider her my best friend!

25.What are you most grateful for? My family and friends. Without each and every one of them, I wouldn’t be who I am today.

26.Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones. Oh, tough question…I’m a moment to moment kind of girl and not being able to make new memories would be tough. But I also don’t want to get rid of all of my old memories. The thought of not ever being able to remember my mom and the special woman she was brings tears to my eyes.

27.Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first? It depends? Things like “wow…the sun is bright today” is easy to know without challenging. Either you can see or you can’t right? But things like, “does God exist” needs to be challenged in order to come to a truth.

28.Has your greatest fear ever come true. Yes. I used to be afraid of losing my parents before they got to see me become the person they worked so hard to create and nurture. I don’t feel like my mom got a good sense of who I was to become before she passed away. I hope she would be proud of me today.

29.Do you remember that time five years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? Wow, that is a profound question. Five years ago, yesterday, my divorce was final. I can remember thinking “if I could only make it to the five year mark. If I do, I’m sure I will be ok.” And I was right. I love who I am, and struggling after my divorce was part of who I am now.

30.What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? To this day I still remember dressing up every year and going to Father Daughter dances with my dad. He would treat me like a queen those nights. Most of my happiest childhood memories include my dad doing something special with me. Maybe that is why we are so close to this day.

31.At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive. I would have to say now, in this moment. I have worked really hard to pick up the pieces of my life and really love the woman I have become!

32.If not now, then when? I agree!

33.If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? I guess it depends on my choices…

34.Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation. No, I haven’t…does that happen to everyone?

35.Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? We are all broken people living in a broken world full of sin.

36.Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? Yes…and that’s my two cents!

37.If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? Probably not, a million dollars doesn’t get you far anymore. Plus, I would want to donate a lot of the money.

38.Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? Less work means more time with my kids…so definitely less work.

39.Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before. No, thankfully! Each day is a new day in my eyes!

40.When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? Huh?

41.If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today. Wow, I don’t like this question. I would visit as many people as possible. I have a lot of significant people in my life

42.Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive and famous? Hell no! My kids already think I rock, and that is enough for me.

43.What is the difference between being alive and truly living? Truly living is taking risks, doing the things you enjoy and enjoying every moment life has to offer

44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right. It’s all about instinct baby!

45.If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? Learning is hard! When we screw up we automatically tend to think we are losers or that others are judging us.

46.What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? Nothing, I live my life like nobody judges me. It’s to stressful to live any other way.

47.When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? Easy, the last two nights have sucked…I have been attacked by the insomnia bug, and there is nothing worse than being pissed because your breathing is to loud.

48.What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? I love my kids more than anything in this world and I tell them that many many times throughout the day. I believe every time I play “slug bug” with my kids, we get to express our love with delicate punches.

49.Five years from today will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that or the day before that? Probably not. I can’t even remember what I had for lunch yesterday.

50.Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? I think being a mom of two little boys makes decision making a lot different. I can’t be selfish and just decide what is best for me…I have two little guys to think about 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Blogs by Mandy