Friday, September 21, 2012

The Geekster is 9

So this piece of goodness (aka: Gibson, Gib, Gibby, Geeker Beeker, the Geekster) turns nine today! He likes to tell people that I started blogging again so that I could write about him.  Between you and I, let's let him continue to think that way.

I cannot believe my baby is 9! Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be raising an 11 year old and a 9 year old. When I dreamed of becoming a mom, I always visualized myself with babies, I never pictured myself with two boys who have stinky armpits, leg hair and attitudes. Not that I don’t love them, because I do…it was just not the picture I ever had in my head.



To commemorate this sweet boy on his special day, I give you these:


Recent Conversation:

The Geekster: (who plays center for his football team) “Mom, do you know why I like Cole as quarterback better than Aiden?

Me: No, why?

The Geekster: Because Cole gets his hands off my butt faster than Aiden does.


Text message from his best friend’s mom:

“FYI…I’m making 2lbs of meatballs for Gibson for his birthday”- This is a woman who truly knows and loves my boy!



This story he wrote, in which he was asked if a pig and a cat could be friends:

Once there was a pig. Along came a cat. The cat was hungry. He ate the pig. The cat lived happily ever after. The end.

…so I’m concluding that cats and pigs cannot be friends.



Question on the first day of school:

Mom, do these shoes make my feet look fat?



Conversation we had on the last day of school last year:

Me: I can’t believe tomorrow I will have a 6th grader and a 3rd grader in my house

The Geekster: Do you know what is so bad about that?

Me: No, what?

The Geekster: That’s gonna be a lot of stinky armpits!


These kinds of comments spew from his mouth on a daily basis. He is the sweetest, kindest, most loving, funny and energetic kid I know. He loves everyone and wants to be loved by everyone. He makes me laugh and cry every day. He can be a challenge at times, but I wouldn’t trade that trait for anything.

This boy has it going on!

BTW…the picture above…that’s him…on 3rd grade picture day. I promised he could pick out his outfit, and it was a battle I wasn’t going to fight. This outfit is totally him and I don’t ever want to forget that moment.

1 comment:

 

Blog Design by Blogs by Mandy