Thursday, September 27, 2012

Rocky

I know when I started this blog again I said it would no longer be a blog about dating, because you can’t write a blog about dating if you aren’t dating…blah, blah, blah…


But, I have to make an exception today.

I was getting ready for work this morning and I heard the news teaser “stay tuned for a great story on the most eligible bachelor in my local city”. I may not be dating, but I am single, so naturally, it caught my attention. I got excited and I did what any single girl would do. I put on a bra, slapped on some lipstick, took the hot rollers out of my hair and sat anxiously in front of the TV. (Don’t laugh at the fact that I still use my 1980’s hot rollers, ok? If you had hair like mine and that was the only way you could make it look decent, you would do it too)

Anywho…

They came back from commercial break and my 9 year old son, was upset because he couldn’t find his tie for school. In the midst of calming down an emotional child at 6:30am, I missed the opening part of the story. But my attention was immediately caught when I heard that this bachelor had his right eye shot out and sometimes had trouble climbing out of the water. I became quizzical and intrigued all at the same time. Suddenly, I wanted to know more. Was he a war veteran who got injured? Was he a former cop who got shot while taking down the local drug lords? I waited in anticipation and came out of the bathroom when they put this picture up.

I know, I know, I thought the same thing…”awwww, he is so cute, but is he really dating material?”

This is Rocky, the local rescued seal. He was rescued after being shot in the eye by fishermen and sometimes has trouble hopping out of the water onto the rocks.

Yeah, things are different when you know the whole story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Blogs by Mandy