Sunday, October 21, 2012

Single


Have you ever noticed that after you have had a few drinks some things seem to happen in slow motion?  I sometimes notice it and think there is a corallation between that and the kind of alcohold I am drinking. 

But that is beside the point.

The point I am trying to make is that this weekend I seemed to be overly sensitive to some comments my friends were making about me.  Comments like, "I can't believe you are still single," or "really? you're still single?"  and of course my favorite..."I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU ARE STILL SINGLE!" (which is similar to "I can't believe you're still single" only it involves yelling loud enough so that everyone in the bar can hear it).

These comments got me thinking.

Single is NOT a status!  It is a word that describes a person who is strong enough to live and enjoy life without depending on others.

I am single because I refuse to settle! 

I refuse to change my relationship status for someone who falls short of what I deserve. 

I know my self value and I have chosen a spot in my heart for a real man.  A man who is mature enough to understand that loyalty, commitment, stability  and 100% honesty are all a priority for me, not an option.

So friends, I beg you...stop telling me I'm too picky!  Stop freaking out because I am "still" single. 

Yes, I want a man in my life who will love me and my kids unconditionally.  No, I don't want to die alone.  But I'm only 41...I have plenty of time to be picky, right?
 

2 comments:

  1. YES, yes you do!!!

    Do NOT settle. You deserve to be with someone who is good enough to deserve YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Reshma and my boyfriend dumped me 8 months ago after I caught him of having an affair with my best friend and i insulted him which make him to leave me. I want him back in my life but he refuse to have any contact with me. I was so confuse and don't know what to do, so I look for help on the INTERNET and I saw a testimony of how a spell caster called Dr. Book help them to get their ex back so I contact the spell caster and explain my problems to him.....He cast a spell for me and assure me of 2 days that my ex will return to me and to my greatest surprise the second day, my ex boyfriend came knocking on my door and begging for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married. Once again thank you Dr Book for the help. I will not stop publishing your good work for people to see because you are a wonderful man. If you need his help you can contact him via testimonytemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Blogs by Mandy