Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The perfect job

I have been blessed with the perfect job for the last 9 months.

I absolutely love it!

I love going into work every day. I love the people I work with…they keep me laughing daily. But most importantly, I have a boss who respects me yet challenges me at the same time.

So you can imagine my excitement when Gibson, my eight year old, came home and told me that they were “applying for jobs” in his classroom. On the day of his interview, he actually showered before school, doused himself with AXE and wore a tie because he wanted to look his best.

As a part of this process, he had to fill out a job application and then wait to hear if he got the job he applied for. He brought his application home and in typical Gibby fashion, it made me laugh.

Here is what it said…

#1 job choice: Librarian
Why do I think I would be good for this job?: Because I like books and I like to read (I’m not gonna lie, this made me proud)

#2 job choice: Hall Monitor
Why do I think I would be good for this job? Because I know where everybody is supposed to be (translate: he loves to tell people what to do)

But my favorite job choice was his number three choice…

#3 job choice: Substitute Teacher
Why do I think I would be good for this job? Because I have lots of skills.

This made me literally laugh out loud! He definitely does not lack for confidence.

I love that boy!

1 comment:

 

Blog Design by Blogs by Mandy